Shamed UFC star Conor McGregor leaves Brooklyn police station wearing handcuffs

news image









To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Shamed UFC superstar Conor McGregor was seen leaving a Brooklyn police station on Friday morning wearing handcuffs.

The 29-year-old handed himself in to the authorities the previous evening after he attacked a bus carrying several UFC fighters in New York.

McGregor, who hasn’t competed at an MMA event since his win over Eddie Alvarez back in November 2016, was said to be seeking revenge for Khabib Nurmagomedov’s decision to confront Artem Lobov earlier this week.

Lobov is a close friend of McGregor’s and trains at the same Straight Blast Gym in Dublin.

The Irishman was captured on video rampaging through the Barclays Center with members of his entourage and appeared to throw a metal hand truck through the window of the bus.









To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web
browser that
supports HTML5
video

Shamed UFC star Conor McGregor leaves Brooklyn police station wearing handcuffs

Conor McGregor departs the NYPD’s 78th precinct in handcuffs (Picture: Splash News)

New York, NY - Champion UFC fighter Conor McGregor is led out of the NYPD's 78th precinct in handcuffs where he was charged with assault following an incident in Brooklyn, New York. Pictured: Conor McGregor BACKGRID USA 6 APRIL 2018 BYLINE MUST READ: GOL / BACKGRID USA: +1 310 798 9111 / usasales@backgrid.com UK: +44 208 344 2007 / uksales@backgrid.com *UK Clients - Pictures Containing Children Please Pixelate Face Prior To Publication*

Conor McGregor has been charged with assault (Picture: ALBO)

McGregor spent the night in a police cell and was taken to court on Friday, but not before he was filmed wearing handcuffs.

Reporters bombarded McGregor with questions but he refused to speak before he was bundled into the back of a black sedan.

‘He’s been charged with assault, three counts of assault, and one count of criminal mischief,’ said Thomas Antonetti of the NYPD.

‘He’s still in custody, still at the police precinct until he’s removed to court this morning.’

Antonetti added 25-year-old Cian Cowley, also a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter, from Hyde Park, Dalkey, has been charged with assault.

McGregor’s actions have wreaked havoc upon the UFC223, event which had been due to take place on Saturday night, due to the injuries sustained by Michael Chiesa and Ray Borg.

epa06650195 Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor (L) is escorted from a New York City police precinct after he turned himself and was arrested and charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief in Brooklyn, New York, USA, 06 April 2018. The charges against McGregor came following an incident at a media event at the Barclays Center where McGregor allegedly attacked a bus filled with other fighters and staff members. EPA/JUSTIN LANE

Conor McGregor spent a night in a police cell after he handed himself in to the police (Picture: AP)

A statement from the UFC on Friday read: ‘Lightweight Michael Chiesa, who received several facial cuts, was deemed unfit to fight by the New York State Athletic Commission and the UFC medical team, and he was removed from his bout against Anthony Pettis.

‘Flyweight Ray Borg, who was scheduled to face Brandon Moreno, was deemed unfit to fight as well due to multiple corneal abrasions.

‘Also removed from the card was the featherweight bout between Artem Lobov and Alex Caceres due to Lobov’s involvement in the incident.

‘UFC 223 will proceed as scheduled with 10 bouts. Moving to the Pay-Per-View main card is the featherweight bout between Zabit Magomedsharipov and Kyle Bochniak.’

MORE: Conor McGregor hands himself in to police after attacking bus carrying UFC fighters in New York

Read More

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*